Exercise is not only safe during cancer treatment but also has many benefits, including better bone health, muscle strength, and quality of life. Physical activity and exercise during cancer treatment can help in many ways, including:
- Maintaining or improving physical abilities
- Helping to control your weight
- Improving balance and reducing the risk of falls
- Increasing circulation, including blood flow to the legs
- Relieving tiredness and fatigue
- Reducing the risk of osteoporosis and heart disease
- Lowering the risk of anxiety or depression
- Raising self-esteem and improving quality of life
You can add physical activity to your daily life by going dancing, riding a bike, walking around your neighborhood, or doing any activity you find enjoyable. Keep your exercise program easy and fun to relieve stress and live a better life with cancer.
Minimizing stress plays an important role in getting well and staying well. Recent studies suggest that combating stress is critical in fighting illness, including cancer. At Beverly Hills Cancer Center, we understand that a tranquil environment, free from stress, is a fundamental in the healing process. In our state-of-the-art facility, we have worked hard to create a soothing, supportive, and caring environment, conducive to effective treatment.